LL. B. (4th Sem.) Examination, May 2017
Time : Three Hours] [Maximum Marks :100
Note : Attempt questions from all Sections as per instructions.
(Very Short Answer Questions)
Answer all the five questions. Each question carries 4 marks. Very short answer is required not exceeding 75 words. 4×5=20
- Doctrine of constructive notice.
2. Rule of Majority.
3. Share Capital.
4. Annual General Meeting.
5. Modes of winding up of a company.
(Short Answer Questions)
Answer any two questions out of the following three questions. Each question carries 10 marks. Short answer is required not exceeding 200 words. 10 x 2=20
6. What do you understand by “memorandum of association” of company.
7. Discuss different kind of shares.
8. Discuss briefly the powers, functions and position of director in a company.
(Detailed Answer Questions)
Answer any three questions out of the following five questions. Each question carries 20 marks. Answer is required in detail. 20×3-60
9. explain the statutory requirements for the registration of a company and also discuss the advantages and disadvantages of incorporation of a company.
10. What is doctrine of “indoor management” ? Discuss with the help of decided cases.
11. Discuss the rules laid down in the important case of Foss vs. Harbottle.
12. Discuss the doctrine of ‘ultra vires’ in company law with reference to case decided by Indian courts.
13. What is ‘prospectus’? Who are liable for a misstatement in a prospectus.